Applications are currently ongoing for the Commonwealth Eye Health Consortium (CEHC) Scholarships for Masters Students in LMIC Commonwealth Countries. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
To support the training of eye health professionals with strong public health skills, we are offering scholarships for candidates from low- and middle-income (LMIC) Commonwealth countries who have been accepted to study for a Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), United Kingdom.
When is the application deadline?
11th May, 2018 17.00 BST.
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will I be studying?
What is the award about?
The Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a well-established course that aims to train leaders in prevention of blindness and to strengthen research and academic capacity for eye care programmes and training facilities, particularly in low- and middle-income countries. The course provides eye health professionals with the public health knowledge and skills required to reduce blindness and visual disability in their population.
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
The applicant must:
- come from low or middle income Commonwealth countries that are less represented in the alumni body of the MSc Public health for eye care.
- work in regions where there are severe constraints in human resources for eyehealth
- work in regions where there are no / limited training opportunities in PHEC /community eye health
- demonstrate previous involvement / commitment to community eye healthactivities or VISION2020 programmes
- present a clear career plan in public health for eye care, which they will realistically
- be able to follow on completion of the MSc
- have experience in public health for eye care based research and/or training in eyecare
- fulfil the UK Border Agency English Language Requirement by passing the LSHTM English language requirement by 11 May, 2018.
How many scholarship awards are available?
Several scholarships are made available each year.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
Each scholarship covers course fees, two return flights, dissertation project funds, living costs and accommodation at the International Students House in Central London.
Duration of Scholarship
Duration of program
How to Apply for the Programme
Apply to the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine for a place on the course:
– For new applicants: LSHTM online application system is open for the 2018/19 academic year now. Apply here.
– For those who have been accepted from 2017/18: if you applied and were accepted to the 2017/18 academic year you must have requested to “be deferred” for the 2018/19 academic year. If you do not already hold a deferred offer of admission you will need to complete a new application.
2. To download the CEHC application, please click: CEHC 2018.19 – MSc PHEC Scholarships Application.
Download and complete the form and submit to the ICEH Student & Alumni Engagement Officer – Romulo Fabunan at Romulo.Fabunan@Lshtm.ac.uk by the deadline