DOWNLOAD SUMMARY OF JAMB 2019 NOVEL SWEET-SIXTEEN PDF HERE
SCHOLARSHIP UK Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering Worth £1 million
Applications are currently being invited for the 2019 Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering from individual or team of engineers whose work has had a major impact on humanity.
About the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering
The Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering, also known as the QEPrize, is a global engineering prize that rewards and celebrates the engineers responsible for a ground-breaking innovation in engineering that has been of global benefit to humanity. The £1 million Prize is awarded biennially in the name of Queen Elizabeth II.
Deadline for the submission of application for 2019 Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering is 18th May 2018 (BST).
The winners will be awarded:
- a total cash prize of £1 million (one million GBP); and
- appropriate memorabilia to be decided by the Trustees in their sole discretion (the “Prize”). In the event that the Prize is received by more than one individual (but not more than five individuals, as above) collaborating under a single nomination, the Prize money will be shared between the winners as determined by the Trustees in their sole discretion on the advice of the Judging Panel.
Entry to the Prize is open to:
- any living individual (or not more than five living individuals working as a team);
- of any nationality;
- who is personally responsible for a ground-breaking innovation in engineering which has been of global benefit to humanity. Self-nomination is not permitted.
- The Trustees reserve the right to reject any nomination where, in their reasonable opinion, there is or is likely to be a conflict of interest between the nominees, nominators or any referees and any other nomination or the Prize more generally.
- A selection of nominations will be short-listed by the Judging Panel for final consideration. The winning nomination will be chosen by the Trustees, advised by the Judging Panel.
- All nominees and their nominators are deemed to accept that decisions of the Trustees are final in connection with the Prize and the Trustees shall have absolute discretion as to whether an entry is to be short-listed to win or selected to win the Prize from the short-list.
- No correspondence or feedback will be entered into with nominees relating to the opinions or decisions of the Judging Panel or the Trustees in relation to the Prize.
NOMINATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM 10.00 am 26 MARCH 2018 (BST). THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2017 PRIZE IS 12.00pm ON 18 MAY 2018 (BST). THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF REFEREE ENDORSEMENTS IS 12.00pm 15 JUNE 2018 (BST).
All nominations and Referee endorsements must be received by their respective closing dates to be considered for selection to win the Prize. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost, damaged, or delayed in transit or submission to the Trustees.
How to Apply for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering
There are two ways to enter to be considered for the Prize:
- Suggestion: if you have limited information on individual innovators but would like to suggest people and / or innovations, then these will be collated and considered in the judging process.
- Nomination: If you can provide more detailed information on the nominee including suitable referees: the official nomination form (the “Nomination Form”) available on the Prize website at www.qeprize.org must be used.
It is preferable that nominators use the on-line Nomination Form, however if you do not have internet access, you can request a Nomination Form from the QEPrize team at this address: QEPrize Nominations, Prince Philip House 3 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5DG.