SEE JAMB/INSTITUTIONS 2018 OFFICIAL CUT-OFF MARKS
SCHOLARSHIP NETHERLANDS 2018 University of Gronigen PhD Scholarships in Culture Studies
Applications are currently ongoing for the University of Gronigen PhD Scholarships in Culture Studies. Interested students should see the details below.
Details and FAQs About University of Gronigen PhD Scholarships in Culture Studies
The Graduate School for the Humanities offers 5 PhD positions (for 4 years) in the Groningen Research Institute for the Study of Culture (ICOG).
When is the application deadline?
13th May 2018
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will I be studying?
What is the award about?
As a PhD candidate, you are committed to conducting independent and original scientific research, to report on this research in international publications and presentations, and to present the final results of the research in a PhD dissertation.
ICOG consists of five Research Centres.
- The Research Centre for Historical Studies
- The Research Centre Arts in Society
- The Centre for International Relations Research
- The Centre for Media and Journalism Studies
- The Centre for Research of the Americas
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
Talented and ambitious researchers in the relevant disciplines.
Your qualifications are:
• a master’s degree in one of the five areas mentioned above, with an excellent academic record
• proven research abilities and affinity with the research topic
• excellent command of English and good academic writing skills.
What are the selection criteria?
PhD scholarship students are selected on the basis of their CV and their own research proposal.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the award?
The amount of the scholarship is set so that students receive approximately €1750 net per month.
What is the duration of the program?
How to Apply for the Gronigen PhD Scholarships
Please send your entire application (in English) as a single PDF-file until the deadline of 13 May 11:59 pm / before 14 May 2018 Dutch local time, by means of the application form.
Please upload your entire application as “letter of motivation attachment”.
The submission should contain the following:
- A cover letter introducing yourself, describing your motivation to conduct scientific research, and locating your research within one of the research groups
- A full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of the data page of your passport
- A certified copy or scan of your MA diploma (or equivalent) and academic record
- A research proposal, focusing on the central research question to be addressed and the proposed method of approaching and answering this question (1500 words, tables and references excluded, and a project title)
- Names and contact details of two academic references.
Start date: 1 September 2018.
Interviews with selected candidates will take place in the last week of June 2018.