DOWNLOAD SUMMARY OF JAMB 2019 NOVEL SWEET-SIXTEEN PDF HERE
Applications are currently ongoing for the FAO-Hungarian Government Scholarship for Developing Countries. Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
The FAO-Hungary scholarship programme enables a select group of young professionals to undertake master’s level studies in English at one of Hungary’s agricultural universities.
When is the application deadline?
28th February 2018
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Programme:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North-Korea, Palestine, the Philippines, Serbia, Somalia, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
To be taken at (University)
The following universities are participating:
- University of Debrecen, Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences and Environmental Management
- Szent István University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Fields of Study
The following Master of Science degree courses are being offered in English for the 2018-2019 Academic Year:
- Animal Husbandry Engineering (University of Debrecen)
- Agricultural Water Management Engineering (Szent István University)
- Environmental Engineering (Szent István University)
What is the course level?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
The selection process as described below applies to scholarships beginning in September 2018.
Student selection will take place in two phases:
- Phase 1FAO will pre-screen candidates and submit applications to the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary that will send them to the corresponding University as chosen by the 2 applicants. Students must submit only COMPLETED dossiers. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered. Files without names will not be processed.
- Phase 2Selected candidates may be asked to take a written or oral English examination as part of the admission procedure. The participating Universities will run a further selection process and inform each of the successful candidates. Student selection will be made by the Universities only, without any involvement on the part of FAO. Selected students will also be notified by the Ministry.
Number of Awardees
Courses will be offered provided the minimum number of students is reached.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this programme.
The scholarship will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs;
- health insurance.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by E-MAIL consisting of:
- Application form duly completed
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by local police authority.
All submitted documents must be in ENGLISH. Documents submitted in any other language will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that documents are duly translated and certified by a competent office; and that each document is saved with a name that identifies what it is.
As the number of scholarships is limited, interested applicants are strongly encouraged to E-MAIL their applications as soon as possible.
- Applicants who were not selected in previous years may re-apply to the 2018-2019 Programme. These applicants will have to submit the complete dossier once again by E-MAIL ONLY.
- Please note that the duration of the scholarship cannot be extended or postponed.
- A Scholarship Study Contract will be signed between the selected student and the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary (MoAH), which is the donor of the program, at the time of first semester registration.
- Applicants wishing to explore external funding opportunities to cover the travel costs may do so at their own initiative. However, in view of the length of the process, applicants wishing to apply for 2018 scholarships are strongly encouraged to E-MAIL their application while they endeavour to identify funds or pending confirmation that such funds will be granted.