COMMANDMENTS OF NYSC CAMP/ ORIENTATION COURSE THATS PROSPECTIVE CORP MEMBERS SHOULD ADHERE TO
The Orientation camp is the place to be, although it last for just 3 three weeks (21 days). It is a place where Prospective Corp memebers(PCMs) envisage “Living La vida Loca”, If you know what i mean 😎.
While PCMs from the Southern part of the country are whisked to the North and Vice Versa,with some random shuffling in between, it is common to see PCMs fantasizing about experiences from Normal to the Very “CRAZY” and Unbelievably strange.
That said, we think by now, you should have an idea of what this post is all about. So let the count down begin.
1. NEVER Disregard the Culture of the Natives of the place as well as thier religion.
2. S^x: FORGET IT. Although the PCMs are apparently Adults, S^X in Camp is highly Disencouraged.
3. STEALING: To the Theives Out there, Drop that Habit before journeying.
5. FAKE AN ILLNESS TO GET REDEPLOYED or avoid Drills and parade activities : This has become a frequent practice and subsequently a Norm. By all means, desist from it.
6. DISRESPECTING THE SOLDIERS: A huge NO to that. Soldiers sent to the Orientation camps are selected although, some bad eggs may have been inadvertently included. Report any issue to the Camp Commandant.
7. LATENESS TO ANY ACTIVITY IS PROHIBITED.
8. CHASING OPPOSITE SƏX: NO doubt, most marriages today are as a result of match made in camps, It should however not be your utmost priority.
9. FEAR THE MAMMY MARKET: I know for sure as our Faces are different, so is our budget and pockets. Be mindful of your spending, be smart to know when a wool is about being pulled over your eyes.
10. Avoid wrong Dress codes. Be prapared on time and always dress for the Occasion.
The list might NOT contain all you need to know about everything, but i can confidently tell you that a strong adherence to it will be useful and ensure you have a wonderful and a one to remember camping experience.