Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for International Students to Study Abroad
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for International Students to Study Abroad. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Erasmus Mundus Big Data Masters Scholarship Details and FAQs
The Erasmus Mundus Master’s Programme in Information Technologies for Business Intelligence (BDMA) is designed to provide understanding, knowledge and skills in this broad scope of fields. Its main objective is to train computer scientists who understand and help develop the strategies of modern enterprise decision makers.
BDMA is a 2-year, English-language taught programme jointly delivered by Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) in Belgium, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in Spain, Université François Rabelais Tours (UFRT) in France, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TU/e) in Netherlands and Technische Universität Berlin (TUB) in Germany
Applications are invited for the Erasmus Mundus masters scholarships available for European students and Non-European students. These scholarships are awarded to pursue BDMA masters program for the academic year 2018-2019.
When is the application deadline?
12th December 2018
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) in Belgium, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) in Spain, Université François Rabelais Tours (UFRT) in France, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven (TU/e) in Netherlands and Technische Universität Berlin (TUB) in Germany
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
To apply to BDMA, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- They have been awarded a Bachelor’s degree (i.e., the equivalent of 180 ECTS) with a major in computer science, from an accredited university. The university has to be listed in the World Higher Education Database (WHED) or be included in the following university rankings:
- The Times Higher
- Academic Ranking of World Universities
- QS World University Rankings
Please refer to the FAQ for questions regarding Bachelor’s degree.
- They must be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognised test equivalent to level B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The consortium will rely on how certification bodies evaluate their own equivalences against this framework, e.g., Cambridge General English FCE, IELTS (Academic) 5.5, TOEFL (paper based) 570, TOEFL (computer based) 230, TOEFL (internet based) 72, etc. Please refer to the FAQ for questions regarding proof of proficiency in English.
The following eligibility criteria for an Erasmus+ scholarship apply:
- Students applying for a JMD scholarship for a specific academic intake are not allowed to submit a scholarship application to more than three JMD consortia.
- Students who have already obtained a JMD scholarship, an Erasmus Mundus Master Course scholarship, or an Erasmus Mundus Joint Doctorate scholarship are not eligible to apply for an additional scholarship under the JMD action.
- Students benefiting from a JMD scholarship cannot benefit from another EU grant while pursuing their studies in an Erasmus+ JMD.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the award?
- Tuition fees, participation costs (including insurance coverage), contribution to cover travel cost and installation cost, and include a monthly allowance.
- All scholarship holders will receive an insurance meeting the minimum insurance requirements of the Erasmus+ programme for JMDs.
What is the duration of the program?
How to Apply for the Erasmus Mundus Big Data Scholarships
- Students from Programme Countries currently studying in their last year of Bachelor can submit their application even if they have not yet received their diploma.
- Please be informed that the candidate’s personal data will be sent to the Agency and may be used by other bodies involved in the management of Erasmus+ (i.e. European Commission, Erasmus Mundus National Structures, EU Delegations, Erasmus Mundus Student and Alumni Association) for facilitating the student/doctoral candidate access to the joint programme.