KNOW ABOUT JAMB CAPS, ACCEPT YOUR ADMISSION NOW!!!
EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY EBSU 2018/2019 ADMISSION SCREENING EXERCISE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
PROPOSED GUIDELINES FOR 2018/2019 ADMISSION EXERCISE
- The following general guidelines have been approved and shall apply accordingly in the 2018/2019 admission exercise.
- The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has approved that 2018/2019 admission exercise calendar shall commence from 2nd July and end on 17th December, 2018.
- That EBSU will not write Post UTME Examination in 2018/2019 admission exercise.
- Credit passes in O/Level Mathematics and English Language respectively shall continue to be part of the mandatory general entry requirements for the 2018/2019 admission/registration into all EBSU regular undergraduate programmes.
- Admission/Registration of candidates into undergraduate programmes of Faculty of Law, Medicine/Anatomy/Physiology shall continue to be based on possession of all relevant O/level entry requirements at one sitting.
- There shall be no consideration for admission/registration of all candidates including Pre-Degree graduates into undergraduate programmes without evidence of:
(i). Minimum UTME (JAMB) result/score of (170). (This simply means that Pre-Degree graduates without the minimum score of 170 will not be considered for admission.
- Joint Admission and Matriculation Board has approved that the following documents (issued by JAMB) must be presented by each candidate offered provisional admission before registration.
- Original Result Slip
- JAMB Admission Letter
- The NUC approved carrying capacity for EBSU is 5,117.
- There shall be no recommendation/admission of candidates into undergraduate programmes on Awaiting Result basis. For avoidance of doubt, no candidate who fails to present ready qualifying statement of result or certificate as evidence of fulfilment of prescribed entry requirements for admission through UTME or Direct Entry (DE) shall be recommended/selected, admitted or registered provisionally.
- No candidate with an average score of less than each of the faculty cut-off scores as in the (3) below shall be considered for admission.
- Direct Entry admission shall continue to take 10% of EBSU total quota.
- Direct Entry candidates whose 0’level results are not screened online may not be considered for admission.
- A minimum of OND/OD upper credit shall continue to form basic criteria for Direct Entry admission into all EBSU programmes.
- No Pre- Degree/other candidates who did not chose EBSU as first choice shall be considered for admission.
- Procedure for Selection of Candidates for Merit Admission
The first choice admission are to be guided by JAMB approved admission criteria as follows:
- Merit: Here about 40 (forty) percent of each programme shall be selected as general merit (R/M)
- Locality/Catchment (R/L): Also in this category, 40% of the quota of each programme shall be selected and Spread among 13 Federal recognized Local Government Areas of Ebonyi State.
ELDS: Educationally less developed states shall be discretionally applied if constraints of the 2018/2019 NUC quota and prevailing imperative within EBSU as a State University permits. Meanwhile, be reminded that the states
recognized to be educationally less developed include:
Adamawa, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Ebonyi, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa,Niger, Plateu, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe and Zamfara.
- JAMB approved UTME subject combinations for different courses in the brochure shall continue to be a yardstick for all admission selection.
- Physically Challenged candidates with acceptable minimum UTME (JAMB) score are to be given preferential treatment.
- Admission Quota Criteria By Percentage: Subject to the prevailing situation, admission of candidates based on the 5,117 NUC approved quota for EBSU in 2018/2019 admission session shall be guided by the following criteria: