China MOFCOM Masters and PhD Scholarships 2019
China MOFCOM Scholarships for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD). Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Government of China MOFCOM Scholarship Details and FAQs
Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) of People’s Republic of China of offering the MOFCOM Scholarships for Masters and PhD degrees to develop talents from developing countries, starting from 2019.
MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. Starting from 2015, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship.
When is the application deadline?
30th April 2019
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
What are the eligible courses and fields of study?
Each applicant can choose one same major in three universities out of the 26 designated universities as their desired option.
What is the category of this opportunity?
Masters and PhD Scholarships
What are the selection criteria and eligibility criteria?
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
- be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program;
- be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- be under the age of 45 when applying;
- have sufficient English or Chinese proficiency which meets the academic requirements of the program.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- -tuition waiver;
- -teaching material fee waiver;
- -research and survey fee waiver;
- -dissertation guidance fee waiver;
- -one-off resettlement fee:
- 3000RMB per master student,
- 3000RMB per PhD student;
- -on-campus accommodation;
- 3000RMB per month per master student,
- 3500RMB per month per PhD student;
- -medical insurance
- -one-time round-trip international airfare for all the students （First time fly to China after enrollment, and Fly back to home country while graduation）, and a maximum of “n-1” （“n” is for the length of schooling year which is set while the student was enrolled by the program） round-trip international airfares for home visits （one time per year set at the end of an academic year）.
How long will the scholarship last?
Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3-4 years.
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
Each applicant can choose one same major in three universities out of the 26 designated universities as their desired option. CSC will place each applicant in one university only based on their desired option and universities’ requirements.
Application Requirements (in Chinese or English):
- Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship;
- Photocopy of highest diploma;
- Photocopy of academic transcripts;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal with a minimum of 400 words;
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
How to Apply for the Programme:
Note that scholarship winners must register for English-taught program if such program is available. When only Chinese-taught program is available, students should take Chinese language training courses for one to two years before moving on to their degree study.
Scholarship winners will get the admission package from ECCO of the Chinese Embassy by the end of August, 2019, and must register at the host university before the deadline which is usually September, 2019
- Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship
- Ensure you have both submitted it online and printed the hard copy via www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org.