DOWNLOAD SUMMARY OF JAMB 2019 NOVEL SWEET-SIXTEEN PDF HERE
JAMB 2019 CBT LIKELY POSSIBLE GOVERNMENT QUESTIONS
LIKE we have done for these SUBJECTS HERE
Here are the likely possible Government JAMB CBT QUESTIONS.
1. In a presidential system of government the Executive A. executes its own laws only B. legislates all binding laws C. makes laws for the National Assembly D. forms the government E. executes all anti-government plotters.
2. A Constitution is a legal document A. drawn up by lawyers B. enacted by military decree C. forming the basis upon which a government rules the country D. which must not be altered by any succeeding government E. only likely to suceed in a country where there is union government
3. Local Government Reforms were carried out by the Federal Military Government in A 1970 B. 1976 C. 1979 D. 1967 E. 1966.
4. Bicameralsm refers to A a one chamber legislature B the process of voting in the leigslature C the upper chamber in a legislature D a two chamber legislature E legislature in all sovereign States.
5. An election which is coducted to fill a vacant seat in a legislature is called a A by election B. general election C referendumD plebiscite E mini election.
6. Voting first started in Nigeria in 1923 because the Clifford Constitution of 1922 granted A. independence B. self-government C. dominion status D. elective principle E. decolonization
7. The first black African State to gain political indepen dence from a colonial power was A. Nigeria B. Liberia C. Ghana D. Ethiopia E. Guinea
8. In a democarcy, sovereignty is vested in A the community B. public officials C. judges D. the Head of State E. the legislature
9. A bill that applies to the whole population and is intended to promote the general welfare is called A. a privatebill B. a decree C. an appropriaione bill D. a public deal E. an eddict.
10. Case-laws are made by the A. Legislature B. Executive C. Judiciary D. Attorney General and Minister of Justice E. President
11. One of the non-permanent members of the United Nations Security Council is A. Britain B. U.S.S.R C. U.S.A. D. China E. Nigeria
12. The amalgamation of the Northern and Southern Protectorates of Nigeria was in A. 1914 B. 1922 C. 1951 D. 1953 E. 1960
13. Which of the following is NOT a member of ECOWAS A Nigeria B. Togo C. Ghana D. Bourkina Fasso E. Cameroun
14. The idea of democracy was first associated with the A. Romans B. Persians C. Greeks D. Egyptians
15. In which of the following ethnic groups was precolonial political structureNOT infuenced by the Islamic culture? A. Kanuri B. Nupe C. Tiv D. Fulani
16. The head of state in the first republic of Nigeria was A. an executive president B. a nominal president C. a party leader D. a nominee of the whole country.
17. The British Government revoked the charter of the Royal Niger Company and took over the direct administration of Nigeria in A. 1861 B. 1900 C. 1906 D. 1914
18. The Minorities Commission appointed in 1957 was headed by A. Sir Henry Willink B. Justice Udo Udoma C. Chief Festus Okotie-Eboh D. Sir Allan Lennox-Boyd
19. Traditional rulers under the 1976 Local Government Reforms had A executive powers B. Chief-in-council status C. limited powers D.legislative powers.
20. Nigeria is NOT a member of A. the Commonweath B. OPEC C. ECOWAS D.NATO
21. The administrative headquarters of O.A.U. is in A. Addis Ababa B. Lagos C. Accra D. Nairobi
22. The World Health Organisation is an agency of A. The E.E.C. B. NATO C. ECOWAS D. The U.N.O.
23. Before the 1963 Constitution, the highest court of appeal for Nigeria was the A. Supreme Court B. Federal High Court of Appeal C. Privy Council D Federal High Court
24. Which of the following is NOT a function of the Police Force in Nigeria? A. Traffic control B. Arrest of criminals C. Making of laws D. Prosecution of criminals
25. In Nigeria, the highest court for muslims is the A. Alkali Court B. Sharia Court of Appeal C. Supreme Court D. Upper Area Court
26. A special election organised to decide on a political issue is A. plebiscite B. by-election C. general election D. primary election
27. In a monarchical form of Government, sovereignty resides with A. the council of ministers B. royality C. peasantry D. the entire citizenry
28. An important principle of the civil service is A. authoritarianism B. anonymity C. nepotism D. partisanship
29. Which of the following is NOT necessarily a charac teristic feature of a state? A. A territory B. An army C. A government D. A system of laws
30. Fundamental rights are best guaranteed by A. independent judiciary B.good leadership C. effective legislature D. efficient civil service
31. Franchise means A. resident aliens can vote B. French people can vote C.right to vote D. executive order
32. Socialism is associated with A. Karl Marx B. Nicolo Machiavelli C. Aristotle D. Plato
33. The termination of a session of a legislature by proclamation issued by the head of states is called A. prorogation B. dissolution C. plebiscite D. summons
34. The forceful domination of one country by another is called A. nationalism B. totalitarianism C. dictatorship D. colonization
35. Which of the following traditional political systems was republican? A. Igbo B. Yoruba C. Fulani D. Bini
36. The founder of the Universal Negro Improvement Association was A. Casely Hayford B. Herbert Macaulay C. Marcus Garvey D. W.E.B. Du Bois
37. When did Nigeria adopt the nineteen-state structure? A. 1960 B. 1966 C.1976 D. 1979
38. Herbert Macaulay was the first president of A. NCNC B. AG C. UMBC D. NEPU
39. Who was the architect of the British rule in Nigeria? A. George Tubman Goldie B. Frederick Lugard C. Hugh Clifford D. Arthur Richards
40. The basic unit of government in pre-colonial Yoruba land was the A. town B. empire C. palace D. ward
41. A major difference between power and authority is that authority is A. popularly acquired B. more costly to exercise C. less dependent on force D. exercise more frequently
42. An essential feature of democracy is A. rigid constitution B. people’sconsent C. supremacy of parliament D. bicameral legislature
43. A characteristic feature of communism is A. free enterprise B. liberal democracy C. dictatorship D. multi-party system
44. Which of the following is NOT a mode of constitu tional change? A. Party manifesto B. Formal amendment C. Judicial decisionD. Staturoty revision
45. The basic unit of government in pre-colonial Yoruba land was the A. town B. empire C. palace D. ward
46. An essential feature of democracy is A. rigid constitution B. people’sconsent C. supremacy of parliament D. bicameral legislature
47. A characteristic feature of communism is A. free enterprise B. liberal democracy C. dictatorship D. multi-party system
48. Which of the following is NOT a mode of constitu tional change? A. Party manifesto B. Formal amendment C. Judicial decisionD. Staturoty revision
49. A tax is a A. private bill B. speaker’s bill C. public bill D. judicial bill
50. Attempts to influence legislation by persuading legislators are known as A. socialization B. gerrymandering C. lobbying D. electioneering
51. One main feature of government in many pre-colonial societies in Nigeria was A. age-grade organization B. grade union C. student’s organization D. council of obas
52. The following are members of the commonwealth EXCEPT A. Lesotho B. Jamaica C. Kenya D. Gabon
53. The Nigeria Council was created by A. Hugh Clifford B. Arthur Richards C. Federick LugardD. Graeme Thompson
54. Africans were first elected to the legislative council in British West Africa in A. Ghana B. Sierra Leone C. The Gambia D. Nigeria