SEE JAMB/INSTITUTIONS 2018 OFFICIAL CUT-OFF MARKS
TEN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES WHERE GAINING ADMISSION IS EASY NEW
See list of ten 10 Nigerian Universities where securing Admission is really easy-choose them now
There is no gain saying that securing admission in today’s Nigeria is a walk in the park. After Six years of Secondary school Education comes the Ultimate rounds and series of “exasperating ” test and Examinations.
One thing is to Successfully scale through the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) or the West African Senior School Certificate Examination ( WASSCE).
Then moving forward to Prepping for the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations JAMB UTME or Direct Entry as the case may be.
It doesn’t even end there, as required by almost all Nigerian tertiary institutions- Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges etc is a Pre-check examination popular know as the Post-UTME Examination is also written.
Now, after sitting for these examinations, the hassle begins- competition for admission(Cut-off mark, catchment area consideration, ELDS, and others), Bribery(connection), what the hell is VC list ?
That is why in the process of selecting or choosing a tertiary institution, great care should be taken to ensure you meet all favourable conditions that will assure you of a chance of being admitted. The conditions are:
- A lesser competitive course.
- Courses with lower Cut-off mark.
- Catchment Area(geographical area. Special considerations are offered to candidates within a schools catchment area ).
- A generally low competitive school.
- If the state is listed as Educationally Less Developed State. ELDS.
- And a whole lot of others.
NB: SOMETIMES, YOUR LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE ISN’T QUITE ENOUGH. I AM PRETTY SURE THAT YOU KNOW SOME ONE WHO IS REGARDED AS INTELLIGENT AND FAILED TO AGAIN ADMISSION AFTER TWO JAMB UTME TRIALS? IT HAS HAPPENED AND HAS CONTINUED TO.
That is why school selection should be thoroughly and diligently worked out. If possible, carry out background checks, talk to friends and relatives already in school, make use of the JAMB Syllabus and Brochures.
That said, Let us have a run down of schools / Universities where securing and gaining admission is considerably easy per se. Criteria for listing them includes;
Admission capacity and Number of admitted candidates yearly.
Cut of mark.
Whether ELDS OR not.
“Connection usage”- infamously.
In no particular order, here is the list
LIST OF SCHOOLS WHERE GAINING ADMISSION IS CONSIDERABLY EASY
1. YOBE STATE UNIVERSITY (YSU)
2. AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY EKPOMA (AAU)
3. FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES EFFURUN (FUPRE)
4. GOMBE STATE UNIVERISTY (GSU)
5. DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY ABRAKA (ABRAKA)
6. ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY (ADSU)
7. UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI (UNIMAID)
8. 96% OF THE PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES
9. TARABA STATE UNIVERSITY (TSU OR TASU)
10. FEDERAL UNIVERSITY KASHERE (FUKASHERE )
We know gaining admission generally isn’t easy, but if you want some less thinking and stressing to do, you should try the ones listed here. They are bound to change though as standards do. One thing is constant. CHANGE and overtime TRANSFORMATION which could be negatively or positively impacting.
Good luck with your school choice, All the best.